Is Your Body Begging for Nutrient-Dense Foods?
Here are the common signs your body is begging for nutrient-dense foods! I hear these complaints WAAYYY too often. Ladies, ladies, none of these are okay to live with!
You may tell yourself that it is genetics (OK, in some cases, maybe yes) or that you’re just getting old or *my favorite* it’s because you’re a Mom! Absolutely not…these signs are your body communicating to you, and that your body needs nutrients! Even though we are seen as professionals, to us you are the expert on your health – you know how you feel!
It’s our job to help guide you to a place where you feel your best, and we need to listen to your body!
What are common signs my body is "begging" for help?
There are some of the common signs that your body is asking you for help. Think about each one of them, then ask yourself if they sound familiar. The real difference between asking and “begging” is most often just the frequency of the request!
- You have many food sensitivities
- You feel like skipping breakfast
- You wake up with nausea
- Your cycles are irregular
- You’re constantly struggling with weight loss or gain
- Waking up in the middle of the night
- You’re either not pooping or rushing to the bathroom
Some tid-bits of insight into these signs
- Wanting to skip breakfast – Your body is running on stress hormones or needing liver support
- Waking up in the middle of the night – Your body needs a better balance of macronutrients
- Food Sensitivities – Food sensitivities are not the same as intolerances or allergies. Food sensitivities are a sign that your digestive system has reacted to the foods you’ve put in it. It’s telling you it needs restoration to get all the nutrients your body needs from the food you’re eating.
The Weston A. Price Foundation (WAPF) is a great source for accurate information on nutrition and health, always aiming to provide the scientific validation of traditional foodways.
Do you want to know more about nutrient-dense foods? Use my contact form to get in touch with me!
My approach to nutritional therapy will lead us to an individualized action plan to include an affordable, nutrient-dense diet using whole foods, improving nutrient absorption, balancing energy levels, absorbing essential healthy fats for sustainable energy, mineral balance, and hydrating your body all the way down to the cells. I am also here to support improved rest, managing stress, increasing movement, and addressing barriers to your health – if that’s a part of your goals.
At Quintana Wellness, the nutritional therapy process is not your typical dietician or medical visit. It is a stand-alone therapy, or it may be combined with behavioral health care for a whole-body approach to healthy living. Our holistic approach to health and wellness includes using food and dietary interventions to promote optimal health and prevent or manage various health conditions. It is based on the principle that our diet and nutritional status significantly impact our overall well-being. It is important to note that while nutritional therapy can be a valuable complement to conventional medical treatment, it is not a substitute for professional medical advice. It is always recommended to consult with a qualified healthcare practitioner before making significant changes to your diet or lifestyle.